How Keep Diseases Away From Poultry Farm For Better Profit.
Make sure that water for drinking and fogging is not contaminated by free-flying birds. Chlorination or ultraviolet treatment is recommended for all dam or river water and this should be combined with suitable water filtration. Make sure that all water tanks are covered adequately and that feed is not contaminated by wild birds , animals even by mosquito. Some time it has been observed , some wild bird can survive with same virus or disease but commercial birds can’t because of less immune system of commercial broiler or layer ( Because of high production required )
Always maintain proper temperature before receiving chicks in your poultry farm. & add electrolyte & light dose of Multivitamins in drinking water.
Egg-borne disease can be transmitted from the infected hen to the day-old chicken via the fertile egg. Examples are:
- chronic respiratory disease, caused by Mycoplasma gallisepticum.
So consult your doctor to treat the bird in in initial stage for better output in future.
Equipment- Do not share equipment between farms to another farm and do not use second-hand egg fillers.
Mosquitoes can transmit fowl pox, and flies can spread some species of tapeworm, Newcastle disease and salmonella.
Reduce the number of flies & mosquito in your poultry shed.
How to stop diseases spreading- Ensure all birds are correctly vaccinated and medicated properly without any fault.
- Have one age of bird per farm. all-in all-out •Minimum 15 days gab between one batch to another batch after cleaning very carefully each area including pipes and Water tank.
- Dead birds should be quickly burnt, deeply buried or effectively composted and should never be fed to cats or dogs..
- Inspection In Dark-Visit your farm minimum twice a weak very carefully.Inspect your sheds in dark after powering off all lights and sit between birds to hear noise of bird from different part, listen the voice of bird any sneezing voice from many birds or the coughing noise you feel , immediately visit consultant, so that any problems can be identified early and rectified quickly.
- Sacks- Never ever use used sacks. It is easiest source of viral & bacterial disease.
- Birds- Do not rear other birds such as emus ,Backyard birds with commercial poultry Birds. Make sure that you, your employees or concern person in your staff including You and visitors to your sheds must not have any contact with any type of birds ( Even Pigeons or Duck).Reason Immune system is very week because of high Rate of Production.
- People-Do not allow any one in your poultry farm unless, you have some essential task to be done.If you are allowing someone, strictly not allow their shoes and give entry after washing their hand with disinfectants and changing their clothes replacing old one..The poultry farm should be surrounded by a security fence and have a single gateway With Mark of Warning sign.“ Bio secured Area “.Do not allow feed delivery personnel, or sales in to shed and, Keep a separate set of boots for wearing in each shed and store them in a receptacle outside the door.
Note-We do not take any guarantees, its only suggestion for the betterment of your poultry birds.